Instant snow is an amazing powder that turns ordinary water into a fluffy substance that looks like real snow .
he mixologists at Steve Spangler Science coined the name Insta-Snow, the Original Instant Snow. This fake snow is in a classification of chemicals called a polymer. The word polymer simply means long chain of molecules (“poly” means many and “mer” is a unit or molecule). Instant Snow soaks up water using the process of osmosis (water molecules pass through a barrier from one side to the other). When water comes in contact with the polymer, it moves from outside the polymer to the inside and causes it to swell. The polymer chains have an elastic quality, but they can stretch only so far and hold just so much water.
You won’t believe your eyes. Just add water to the mysterious white powder and in seconds the transformation begins. The liquid magically changes into a fluffy white powder that looks just like snow. It’s actually a safe, non-toxic polymer that absorbs water and fluffs up to look like snow.
- Non-toxic, odorless and clean
- colour: white
- dramaticaly waterabsorb effect .
- Use a scoop to measure out 1 teaspoon (about 4 grams) of instant snow powder into the empty mixing cup.
- Measure 2 ounces of room temperature water into a second cup.
- Quickly pour all of the water into the cup with the Instan snow power. Don’t take your eyes off the erupting snow.
- Go ahead…put your fingers in the fluffy frake snow. If you let the snow sit out, the water will evaporate and the fuffy snow will turn back into the dry power. That’s right it’s resuable.
- toy for children
- for science experiments and class demonstrations
- snowboarding park
- making snow scene for TV show
- Christmas party decoration